Kids

Kids
Easter Pic

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day….

I will admit I have not paid any attention to this election.  I am not proud of my failure to keep up with all things adult, but I am just so exhausted.  I am -leave the keys in the freezer- forget where I am going- wandering around like I am lost- kind of tired.  I have two problems with the election this year. 
First: There is no preschool.
Second: Robo-caller hates me and only calls during naptime.
 I am not excited about taking my kids and the kids that I watch to go vote, especially since I have no idea who to vote for.  I have half a mind to write in Robocaller because he is the only “person” I have talked to about this election.  It was a pretty one sided conversation, mostly with me yelling about nap time and how much I hate elections, but I probably would have said the same thing to a candidate.

My priorities for today are to make a dent in the mountain of laundry that seems to accumulate every two or three days, try to work out, and take a nap.  More than likely I will only take a nap, if the girls decide to co-ordinate their naps today.  Ford and Grace are going to Nana’s house, so I will have a modicum of sanity, and only two children at the house.   Two children that are incapable of asking me every 20 seconds for food, entertainment, answers, and kids TV.  Whoever coined the phrase “Silence is golden” was obviously a mother of small children.

2 comments:

  1. I understand - on all accounts. I like the new blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you Elizabeth! I have no clue what name belongs with what issue on the ballot! I made it there.......and casted my vote.....but sleep and getting food in my own mouth seem to be of importance this November!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete