Kids

Kids
Easter Pic

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What not to wear, or what to wear…..



            I come to you, valued readers, for some really important advice.  I have been pregnant or breastfeeding since March of 2008, and here we are, in 2011, and I find that I am almost 30, the mother of three small children, with no idea how to dress myself.  Grace, at 2, has more fashion sense than I do.  She knows exactly what she wants to wear every morning.  “Mommy, I wear a princess dress- a pretty dress for a princess.”  When I got married I dressed primarily from Ann Taylor Loft since that is pretty much the young teacher’s uniform store.  Every time I walk in there now I shudder a little to myself.  My husband thinks I dress like a child, but caring for babies is hard work, and I don’t know how to do it in a skirt.  My uniform is usually a tank top, jeans and flip flops… sometimes sneakers if I know I will be walking a lot.  This is not a sexy uniform.  I am not interested in being sexy most of the time, but now and then I would like to look a little more “put together”.

            So the question is…. Where do you shop as a 30 year old mother-of-three?  I have lost all the baby weight from #3, so all of my “fat” clothes are too big.  My clothes from before all my children look ridiculous.  I basically need an entirely new wardrobe.  I really wish there were a service out there that could just tell me what to wear.  I am not interested in being creative or standing out of the crowd.  I just want to look pretty.  I guess my only option is to go wander around the outlets going from store to store… too young, too old… and then buying my kids some new clothes because at least they always look cute…

3 comments:

  1. Try LOFT. Usually has great sales and the stuff is attractive but pretty basic, so you won't feel conspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Loft. :) Very put together, but simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kohls and Target, but I would also try Loft if I had the money :)

    ReplyDelete